Friday, May 22, 2009
1. Stevedoring providers shall buy advanced equipment per operation needs, and appropriately replace the old, low effective or hard-to-be-maintained equipment, such as grab, forklift and other over-aged machines.
2. The loading and unloading equipment maintained and supervised by Taichung Harbor Bureau shall be checked more frequently and detailed, in order to keep it in proper and usable condition.
3. For inbound vessels, during the rush hour or when special equipment is needed, the operation units shall consult with machines and equipment providers for arranging lacked machines.
4. Stevedoring providers shall purchase advanced high-efficient equipment, and improve their loading and unloading operation skills, to upgrade their performance and safety.
5. Stevedoring operation units shall implement emergency report system. When disaster happens, on-site situation shall be certainly commanded; shippers and cargo owners shall be able to gain help immediately to deal with emergency events.
Shippers may give recommendation or complain to the Bureau by several contact ways, whenever the stevedoring and warehousing services are not proper, or they want to provide improving ideas for loading, unloading and warehousing processes. Taichung Harbor Bureau will modify immediately to obtain the best service quality.