Friday, May 1, 2009
The Port of Hong Kong
Hong Kong is one of the busiest and most efficient international container ports in the world, which handled 24.5 million TEUs of containers in 2008. The port provided about 450 container liner services per week connecting to over 500 destinations worldwide.
The locations of the major cargo handling facilities, including container terminals, river trade terminal, mid-stream sites, public cargo working areas as well as supporting facilities, such as ship repair yards and typhoon shelters, are shown in the following plan:
In 2008, the Kwai Chung-Tsing Yi container terminals' throughput amounted to 17.7 million TEUs, representing 72% of the port's total container throughput. The remaining 28% was handled at mid-stream sites, River Trade Terminal, PCWAs, buoys and anchorages, and other wharves.
Labels: Hong Kong Port Facilities